Podbean runs a podcast directory online, as well as a having popular Android and iPhone podcast apps. Like most podcatchers, apps, and directories, we pull many public RSS feeds in so that listeners can find your show when they listen online or using our apps.
Listen/download stats will show up in your statistics from your podcast host (if they offer this service). If you are not listed in the directory/app and wish to be, it is easy to submit your podcast. If you are listed, it is also easy to claim ownership (this is also the 1st step if you would like to participate in our monetization platforms such as crowdfunding or advertising, which are both open to all podcasters no matter where you’re hosted).
If for some reason you don’t wish to be included, you can contact us at http://support.podbean.com to request removal, but please note that this means no listeners will be able to find/listen to your podcast when using the Podbean app.
When publishing your podcast episode posts, you may want them to be auto shared to Facebook or Twitter rather than doing it manually every time.
1. Log in to your Podbean account and go to the ‘Settings’->’Social Share’ page. Then click the ‘Connect to Facebook’ or ‘Connect to Twitter’ button. We’ve clicked the ‘Connect to Facebook’ button this time.
2. Follow the instructions and connect your Podbean account to Facebook. After the connection, the system will show the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts you’ve connected under the ‘Connected Account’ section. Now your post will be auto shared to these connected social media accounts every time you publish (unless you make an exception, as per below).
If you don’t want something to be shared, you can click the button under the ‘Publish new episode’ section to un-check the selection. You can also customize the text that displays when sharing by clicking the pencil icon.
Podbean’s pleased to announce some exciting upgrades to the Podbean apps for Android and iOS. These features are designed to help increase listener engagement and build stronger community. Now:
- Podcasters can discover who their followers are and interact with them. Click on followers to see other podcasts they follow, follow them back, etc.
- Listeners can discover more great podcasts they might like from followers of their favorite podcasts.
- Listeners can submit comments. This innovation makes podcasting a more interactive experience, providing a convenient feedback and discussion mechanism. Podcasters can manage the discussions (add comments, reply, delete comments or block users).
- The Podbean app’s intelligent recommendation system reward podcasts with high levels of engagement, by promoting them to more potential listeners.
We hope you enjoy the new community interaction features. We are constantly working on improving our features so stay tuned for more exciting innovations to come!
Podbean is excited to announce the beta launch of the Podbean Podcast Advertising Marketplace.
Podbean’s Podcast Advertising Marketplace aims to revolutionize podcast advertising. It offers the easiest way for advertisers and podcasters to connect.
- It brings opportunities to advertisers to connect with highly effective podcast advertising for engaging ads that reach their target consumers.
- It brings opportunities to podcasters to get funding to support their creative, hard work.
- It brings opportunities for individuals (referral agents) to earn ongoing money by referring businesses to the marketplace to advertise.
It is FREE to join the Podbean Podcast Advertising Marketplace. Podbean hosted podcasts automatically have access to the marketplace and will receive notifications when there are ad opportunities for their podcasts. Any podcaster can “join as podcaster” from the advertising page to get verified and start receiving ads opportunities.
Podbean is currently seeking advertisers and referral agents to join the program. Podcasters, advertisers and agents should visit http://advertising.podbean.com to learn more about this exciting opportunity and get started.
Displaying your podcasts on your own blog, website, social network, etc. is simple. Podbean makes it easy with various embeddable players. You can customize your player as well. Just follow these easy steps:
To embed a single episode:
Once you have published a post, just go to the “Publish”->”Episodes” page, then click the “Embed Code” button on the right side of the podcast that you wish to embed. This will generate an html embed code for you to copy & paste into your own website.
To customize: Click the “More options” button and you’ll be able to customize the download, share, font, and auto play settings. Afterwards, just copy and paste the code to the html of your site.
To embed all episodes:
To embed all episodes, you can go to the “Settings”->”Player” →“Embeddable Podcast Player” page. You can click the “More options” button and you’ll be able to customize the download, share, font, and auto play settings. Cut and paste the widget code wherever you’d like this player to appear.
Then click the “Get Embed Code” button to get embed code. copy and paste this code to your own sites. That’s it!
You can also view the video on how to embed the podcast on Youtube: http://youtu.be/Og7-hDcZLOM
If you are migrating your podcast to Podbean (or merging in files hosted elsewhere), you can easily import podcast episodes and media files into Podbean with ONE CLICK.
Login and go to “Publish”->”Episodes” in your account, then click the “Import RSS” button.
Then, enter the podcast RSS feed URL for the episodes/media files you wish to import and click the “Import” button.
The podcast episode contents will be imported first and the system will show a pop-up message when the contents are successfully imported. Then the system will import the audio and video files. It will take from 15 minutes to a few hours to import them based on the size of all the media files.
The system will notify you as to whether all the media files have been imported or only parts of them. If there are some media files that cannot be imported, you’ll need to upload them manually and then attach them to the respective episodes.
For more specific information on easily migrating from other podcast hosts, check the support articles. Make sure to read carefully and prepare when you are making a transition to ensure a smooth process for you and your listeners. If you questions or are unsure about the process, please contact support.podbean.com.
Creating Protected Audio/Video Content for Your Members or Employees
Podbean offers “private podcasting” to limit content access to permitted members (see plan pricing for the number of private members included with each plan; enterprise plans are also available for larger organizations and customized options).
With this feature, you can create content that is available only to members (“private content”). You can add members manually to your account, or batch add them by uploading a .txt file of multiple email addresses. You can also delete members individually or by uploading a .txt file. SSO and other authorization methods are available for enterprise users.
When you create private content, only these permitted members (such as your internal team members) will be able to access it. When those members login, they will be able to access the content online or by listening with the Podbean iOS app or Android app.