Anyone who subscribes to your podcast will be provided a free Podbean account (if they don’t already have one). They will receive an email including their Podbean username (or email address) and password (for those who were already logged in with a current Podbean account, this will be used to access the content).
If they forget their password they can retrieve it by clicking “Forget Password” at http://www.podbean.com/site/user/login. Our system will send them a temporary password and they can then change their password when they log in.
With the Podbean account, it is super convenient to access their premium content online or in the Podbean app for Android and iOS. There are three ways for your subscribers to enjoy their premium content:
1. They can visit www.podbean.com and use their information to log in to their Podbean account. They will find all the premium content they’ve subscribed to in their dashboard in the “Premium Content” tab. This is an easy way to view all premium content in one place.
2. They can also visit your podcast site (http://yourpodcastsite.podbean.com/) to watch/listen to premium content in your episode list (they will get a pop up window instructing them to enter their username and password when they click on premium episodes, if they’re not already logged in).
3. Premium episodes can also be accessed in the Podbean app when the user is logged in to the account they used to pay for the content.
Podbean hosts many Christian podcasts, ranging from sermon podcasts to bible studies and lectures. One of the great features of Podbean, especially for Christian podcasts, is the integrated fundraising. A podcaster can easily set up a Podbean patron campaign so that listeners can provide monthly support.
How can Christian podcasts use Podbean’s fundraising tools?
It’s easy for both the podcaster and the supporter!
- If you haven’t started your podcast yet, check out Why and How to Start a Church Podcast.
- Set up your Podbean patron page (AKA crowdfunding). It only takes a few minutes once you have your ideas ready (your story, rewards, and goals). A video is a great way to share a personalized message to your potential funders. We highly recommend it to enhance your patron page. Here’s some detail about creating a successful podcast patron page.
- Promote your fundraising efforts. Make sure to let your listeners know about the campaign in your podcast and by other methods (Facebook, website, in person). Podbean makes it easy for you and supporters, with a patron button integrated right on your podcast site and in our app. Listeners don’t have to take any extra steps, it’s all right there for them. They can donate with a couple clicks. You can also create a personalized URL for your patron page so it’s easy to share.
Other Fundraising Options for Christian Podcasts
Premium Content: Fee-based Courses, Bonus Content
With Podbean, you can create and sell premium content. This can be individual episodes or subscription services. For example, you might offer a special in-depth bible study course. You can create a subscription plan so that students can pay their fee directly to you and easily access the content. You might also have specific bonus content, such as a recording of a special event or interview, that you offer for a one-time fee/donation. We handle all the technology and payment processing for you.
Podbean also offers a sponsorship marketplace for podcasts. Those interested in securing sponsors for their Christian podcasts can join for free. YOU always have complete control over which sponsors and campaigns you accept, so you can make sure it is a good fit for you.
A podcast is an effective outreach tool, and a great way to extend fundraising efforts. Christian podcasts can further build community and strengthen the spiritual relationship. Podbean is here to support you in your efforts. Contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
Audio and video podcasts are a highly effective tool for employee development. Using podcasts to deploy employee training works especially well for large organizations or those with mobile employees.
Organizations can create audio or video training on specific skills, continuing education, product launches and more. You can even record live trainings for later viewing. Employees can easily access the content on their phones or computers.
How to Create an Employee Development Podcast
- Set up media hosting. Podbean handles all your media storage so that content is reliably and securely served up to your employees. With our turnkey enterprise solution, you can create private podcasts that are only available to those with permission (by email login or SSO). You can set up groups for department-specific training and have different account roles for management. Contact our Enterprise Team for a custom quote.
- Plan and record your content. The hardest part is planning and creating your training content…we make the rest easy. Recording can be done using the Podbean app for Android and iPhone. The trainer can even use his/her earbuds to record. Or, we can help with suggestions for recording equipment and editing tools.
- Publish and share. There’s no learning curve with Podbean’s blog-like platform. Upload your files and create a post (or publish right from the app). Permitted employees can access the content by logging in to the site, or via the app. We can also set up a custom email notification option.
- Analyze how your content is performing. Want to evaluate the effectiveness of your employee development podcast? Podbean stats show you how often your podcasts are being downloaded/streamed. We also offer user behavior intel, to see precisely who is accessing what content when.
Take your employee development to the next level—EFFICIENT and EFFECTIVE. Increase engagement; diversify to meet more needs and learning styles; make it convenient. Learn more about Podbean’s private podcast solution.
Benefits of Starting a Church Podcast
As a pastor, it makes me feel good to know that I’m creating something of value to our church family that makes a daily investment in their walk with Christ.
Many have told me it has been a help in their spiritual growth to be able to listen to the Bible/prayer. Quite a few have young children and they feel like their devotional lives have suffered because it’s a challenge to sit down and read. Having an audio recording to listen to has been a big help. Several have told me that the podcast is the first thing they listen to when they wake up in the morning. –Pastor John Stange, The Chapter-A-Day Audiobible
There are so many benefits to creating a church podcast. It is a convenient way to provide inspiration to your followers. A church podcast offers members who cannot attend services the chance to stay connected to your community. You can offer enhanced bible study, devotionals, or more in-depth teachings. A church podcast brings your message into followers’ regular lives. It offers a sense of connection throughout the week.
How to Start a Church Podcast
- Choose your content. You may record your weekly sermons, or create a special message. You could read key passages or create a special bible study. You could even repurpose old content. Many churches have recordings/CDs of old sermons or events. They can easily be converted for your podcast. *If your audio is already in MP3 format, you can upload it to your podcast site as is. If not, there are many programs to easily convert different files. You can contact our Support team for recommendations.
- Set up media hosting for your church podcast. Podbean handles all your media storage (audio and video available). This ensures your files are easily served up to your followers. Our affordable hosting accounts provide all the tools you need, including a blog-like site for your podcast and inclusion in our apps. Your followers can enjoy your content anywhere, via phone or computer. Here’s a quick start podcasting guide.
- Record your content. Check out our guide to turning sermons into a podcast in three steps, to record using your phone. Or, you can use the recording equipment you already have on hand. If you’re new to recording, the Podbean app is an easy solution and you can join our Podcasting Smarter Facebook group if you’d like equipment recommendations and tips.
- Publish and share. You can record and publish your church podcast directly from the Podbean app. Or, simply upload your files to your Podbean account and create a post. You can add show notes, additional text, pictures and more if desired. Podbean offers automatic social sharing so it’s easy to get the word out about your content. You can also integrate your podcast with your existing church website with embeddable players or directly linking the sites.
There are so many benefits to starting a church podcast. And, it doesn’t have to be hard to do. It’s one of the easiest ways to broaden your outreach to church members and beyond. Learn more and start your free podcast hosting trial today.
More and more corporations are using podcasts. Corporate communication, both external and internal, can benefit from the podcasting medium.
How can a podcast help with corporate communication?
Internal corporate communication:
- Easy communication with large groups of employees (including mobile and worldwide employees)
- Efficient way for employees to get training and education
- More impactful messaging via audio and video
- Effective cross-department and organization-wide communication tool
External corporate communication:
- Enhanced branding via storytelling
- A more intimate communication vehicle, builds trust & engagement
- Diversify your communication strategy
- Strengthen collaboration with stakeholder/partner interviews
A Corporate Communication Success Story
Podbean has allowed us to reach an audience in a way that we’ve never been able to do before. Newsletters and email used to be the only way to get just-in-time content to our distributed sales organization. But with secure podcasts through Podbean, we’re able to push out a constant stream of updates to each of our targeted geographies and roles. We’ve gone from 0 subscribers to over 1200 internal users in just 6 weeks. — Director Enablement Technology, Global 2000 Software Company
A Customized, Turnkey Solution for Corporate Communication
Podbean developed our turnkey enterprise podcasting solution in response to the needs of our corporate customers. We’ve worked with corporations spanning the globe and in many industries. Podbean removes the hassle of developing and managing the necessary technology. Everything is in place for reliable, secure audio and video hosting and distribution.
We build your enterprise solution around your needs. You can add the number of channels (podcasts), private members (employees), and admins that you need. Custom options include a branded site/custom apps, SSO support, email notifications, and group control. We also offer in-depth user behavior intel, so you can see precisely who consumes what content.
Learn more about Podbean’s enterprise podcasting for corporate communication.
Contact our Enterprise Team for a custom quote.
Want to put your sermons online for church members (and others) to access anytime? Podcasting is a great way to share church sermons, teachings, and daily devotionals. This gives your followers a regular dose of inspiration that they can easily incorporate into their busy lives.
It doesn’t have to be overwhelming to turn your sermons into a podcast. Creating a church podcast is easier than ever with Podbean’s mobile app. Here’s how you can turn your sermons into a podcast in three steps:
- Record your sermons (or other teachings, devotionals, etc.) using the Podbean app on your phone. First, download the free Podbean app (for iPhone and Android) and sign up for your Podbean account. You can simply put the phone near your pulpit to record, or use a headset (even the iPhone earbuds produce good quality audio) to record yourself sharing your message. You can edit the recording later also.
- Publish your sermon podcast. Create a title (and optional description) for this recording and hit “publish” when you’re ready to go. That quickly, your message can be accessed by your followers, via iTunes, Google Play, the Podbean app, on their computers, and in many other podcast apps.
- Share your new church podcast! You can easily share to social networks and embed your podcast on your church website and other sites. You can even share to Facebook and Twitter directly from the app when you publish. Now, your church members and others can hear your message even if they can’t make it to church. And, they can continue to reflect and deepen their understanding and connection in daily life.
Here’s a little more information about recording and publishing church sermons in the Podbean app:
Step-by-step instructions for the Podbean Android app
How to record and publish with the Podbean iPhone app
Now, you know how to turn your sermons into a podcast with your phone! We’ll also be sharing more about how churches are using podcasts, different options for recording, and various features that can help make your church podcast even better. Click “follow” in the sidebar to get our latest posts.
If you have any questions as you turn your sermons into a podcast, you can contact our Support team.
Podbean’s App Behavior Intel provides detailed analysis of listener behavior within the Podbean podcast app. This includes when and where podcasts are being listened to (and who is listening, in the case of private podcasts), as well as length of listening/what portions of the podcast were played. This data is only for listening that is done via the Podbean podcast app (for Android or iPhone), whether streamed or downloaded.
This feature is currently available as an option for business-level plans. Contact your Podbean sales rep for further information.